25 September 2010

Flawless Skin Begins with Diligence

There's a chinese saying - 世上没有丑女人,只有懒女人。Basically what this means is - ' There's no ugly women on earth except lazy women'. 

Personally I couldn't agree more with the above. After a long day at work or school, by the time we reach home, we just want to hit the bed ASAP! Still need to remove make-up, wash face and apply toner and all the creams & masks? Sadly, the answer is YES! Perhaps, diligence is the only way to flawless skin. I remember watching some girly show on Channel 8, our dear famous celebrity, Fann Wong shared that she'll make she apply mask EVERY NIGHT, no matter how tired she is.

Oh well, lazy ladies out there, don't worry! We still have hope!! We just need a little more effort to keep that habit up. 
Post Options
Just want to introduce some products which I've tried over the past few months to 1 or 2 yrs. Good things must share!

Cleansing Express - This brand comes in 2 types - Moist for dry to combination skin and Sebum for problem skin. Well, to be frank, I haven't exactly start using yet. I'm a thrifty person (or at least I try to be), trying to finish up my current make-up remover before I start using the above. But the other SETTer has already start using and is giving thumbs-up to this. I remember the day that both of us were at Watsons in JB City Square, trying out the tester on our dirty hands. We were totally impressed how clean our hands were after applying. Oh, and this is supposed to be a make-up remover cum cleanser. Though I don't recommend that you go straight to bed after applying this (i'm a firm believer of make-up remover, cleanser and toner!), I believed this is designed for the not so diligent ladies. So yeah, worth the try. Made in Japan and it's not costly at all. It cost about $16+. Can get it at Watsons or SaSa stores.

Su Hyang Balacing Fluid - I think this toner from The Face Shop got me started my routine diligently every day and night. It has got a nice simple scent. After applying, your face will have a light cooling sensation. If I didn't remember wrongly, it should cost less than $30. Suitable for all skin types.


Aloe Calming Toner - This is probably the only Body Shop facial products I ever bought. Used this when my face was going through some challenging times, lotsa breakouts at the same area. This helped to calm the skin quite a bit. I used the cleanser, day and night cream too. Quite a good combination and it's gentle on sensitive skin. Cost about $20+.

Power Essential Skin Refiner Light -  I'm currently obsessed with Laneige products. My skin is quite receptive to the products so far (skin type - combination and slightly sensitive skin). I love the cooling sensation it gives after application. It helps to remove whatever 'left-over' dirt on your skin after cleansing, gives you the clean-feel like Cleansing Express. It's a little pricey, about slightly less than $40. But personally, I'm quite satisfied with the price I've paid. Until my face start to violently object, I guess I'll try more of Laneige products.

Alright. That's all for tonight. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment