26 September 2010

Essentially Different

Hello!

It's me! The other SETTer =)
Today i shall share on this hair product that I have just started using..

Essential Damage-Care Rich Premier



Say BYE-BYE to bad hair days, split ends and frizziness! For smooth & manageable hair..

I have been using Dove hair products for ages and decided to try other brands as my hair condition was getting quite bad and didn't seem to improve.
A friend recommended Essentials and I had been trying their hair mask for a while.
You can feel the results instantly after washing off the shampoo.. hair feels smoother already.. with other products, usually I have to apply conditioner and my hair would still be tangled up.

So far, I REALLY LOVE THE RESULTS! =)
The Essentials website claims that it cares even for the last 15cm (usually most damaged and prone to split ends).. i also love the 'after-taste' fruity fragrance - super long lasting!

Works for me :) Better yet, I bought the whole basic set: Shampoo, Conditioner and the Treatment from Watsons @ $19. (Buy the shampoo and conditioner, get the treatment free). U.P. is $25.50
SHIOK - got good deal!

Of course, besides these basic shampoo, conditioner and occasional treatment, if you treasure your crowning glory, do use other hair products (after-bath) as well.

One of the after-bath products I would recommend is The Face Shop's Damage Coating Essence





Don't think that Face Shop only has good products for the face, its hair products are good too. Anyone going Korea? I give you shopping list can??? =p
This is simply wonderful. Love the feeling of softness it adds to my hair.
Optimum usage on damp hair before blow-dry.




Another product that I am trying is Liese Hair Cocktail Moisturizing Hair Serum









My other fellow SETTer is using this and recommended this.. It is filled with peach leaf extract and prune essence and is easy to spread, evenly coating the hair strands..Less oily then the essence above, light to the touch, mmm and the fragrnace is an added bonus :)



Enough about products.. Some hair tips below:

1. Do you know the dire effects of blow drying your hair? Of course in Singapore's humidity, having damp/wet hair dangling on your neck is quite a disgusting feeling.
Try towelling and air-drying your hair first till its 2/3 damp, add some after-bath hair products before blow drying. Wave the blow-dryer back and forth to prevent scorching your hair.
This will help reduce split ends and frizziness for your hair.

2. This was highlighted to me by another fellow SETTer.. She researches on chemicals and those science stuff (good kaki to have when shopping for beauty products hehz).
Do you know that most "off-the-shelf" shampoos contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate? It is a inexpensive and effective foaming agent (detergent) commonly found in soaps and shampoos to produce the lather that makes you feel "clean", yet is damaging to hair.
Sad to say, we still have to rely on this till someone develops an inexpensive shampoo that contains an ingredient to cause us to feel "clean" and yet nourishing for the hair.

Hope you have enjoyed this lengthy post. Till then when i see you again.. Ta-ta!

**This post is purely formed from my personal opinions.
I do not stand to commercially benefit in any manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment